Because Diets Don't Work

I've spent years dieting. My weight has gone down and up and up and down. Right now, I'm doing the best I can to be the healthiest I can.



Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Party!

I am leaving in the morning at around 11, to go home for the weekend. I am so excited because I do not get to go home oftent throughout the semester, so when I finally do --- yee haw!

I am spending most of the day Thursday with Rachael. She knows about my struggles with food and body image, so she's really understanding. She is battling to lose weight too (and do amazing I might add) so it makes things easier for both of us.

I am not sure what I am doing Friday during the day, but I know that I am having my bachelorette party that night. We are going to Mongolian BBQ and amazing Rachael found a healthy one in Independence. I am not sure if she did that on purpose or by accident, but I am TOTALLY excited! I already looked up the nutrition information and printed off the pamphlet. I have so many different things planend out in my head. All if it at under 500 calories (Even if I get two plates).

The way Mongolian BBQ works: You get up and grab a bowl. Then there is this buffet-style set up with meat, veggies, noodles, and sauces. You add what you want of each of these items (and there is a huge variety so even the pickiest eater is good to go). When you are done, you walk up to this huge circular grill and they cook your food right in front of you. I love that part of it. It is so much fun to watch the cooks, especially if they act silly. The process looks a lot like this:

Image source

Image Source

Image source


Have I mentioned how excited I am??? Hehehe. I will be staying the night with MOH (Maid of Honor) Rachael and my bridesmaid Faith. We might go to a movie or do some shopping. IDK yet.

Then Saturday I have my wedding shower at the church. That should be a lot of fun! Then Sunday is church and I'm back to campus that afternoon.

The weekend will be really busy, but lots and lots of fun.

Today's Intake
Breakfast
Honey nut cheerios with skim milk
Large apple

Lunch
Turkey wrap (FlatOut wrap, 3 oz turkey, lots of lettuce, mustard)
Sour cream & onion Baked Lays potato chips
3 Hershey's caramel kisses

Dinner
Breakfast burrito (Wrap, turkey, egg beaters, cheese dip, hot sauce)
4 Hershey's caramel kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment