Because Diets Don't Work

I've spent years dieting. My weight has gone down and up and up and down. Right now, I'm doing the best I can to be the healthiest I can.



Friday, April 16, 2010

Weigh-In & Miracles

I weighed-in today. I was curious since I didn't weigh yesterday (which is a big thing for me since I use to step on the stupid scale 5-10 times a day (and at my worse, 30+ times a day).

ANYWAY. So the wonderful news? Down 2 lbs! Feelling pretty awesome about that.

Then to make it even better I got the grade back on my Devinat Behavior test. I got a 90%!!!! I felt so good seeing that. I know it must have been God's doing because I did not read any of the text book or articles. I missed half the lectures for that material. I didn't even try to study. Luckily, the test was on Mental Illness and Drug & Alcohol Abuse, all things I've studied in previous courses, so I figure God just brought that stuff to my mind as I took the test.

So all in all, today is a wonderful day.

It is such a beautiful day that once I get off work in a couple hours, I am going to go for a nice long walk.

Time to start posting my intake! I was using excel, but it is making me crazy with my need for the cells to be a specific width and shading and borders ... I was almost late for class because of that stupid program! So I will just post my intake here until I get a handle of what to eat and what to avoid.

Intake
Breakfast
1/2 whole wheat bagel
1/2 c Egg beaters
1 Farmland sausage patty

[Farmland sausage patties are SO YUMMY! I'm sure the fat and sodium isn't so good for you, but whatever. They taste delicious. I figure the "no cholesterol" aspect of the Egg Beaters balances it out.]

Lunch
1 Turkey wrap [FlatOut tortilla w/ 2 oz turkey & mustard]
1 oz Baked Doritos

[I was going to get an apple from the food court, but I have no clue how many people have touched those apples. Even if I washed it, I would still feel weird. I really wish I had some lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles to put on my wrap.]

Snack
1 Peach smoothie
1 Slim-Fast "peanut butter crunch time" snack bar

[Tell me that smoothie does not look DELICIOUS!?!?! Sure, mine didn't look exactly like that, but it was pretty stinking awesome with all that lovely fruit. Yum!]

Dinner
Quiznos Honey Bourbon Chicken Sandwich (Regular size)



And yes, I know that by posting my intake, I am going against the "intuitive eating" that I posted about in my previous blog, but as I said, it isn't for everyone --- and as someone recovering from an eating disorder, it definitely isn't for me right now.

1 comment:

  1. Some folks can simply listen to their bodies and do fine. Whenever I listen to mine, I wind up on the sofa with a bowl of Cheetoes.

    For me, exercise is the silver bullet in this healthy living bizness. When I'm working out consistently, I seem to do a much better job of understanding the consequences that food has on the big picture. When I'm exercising, I seem to equate that bagel with cream cheese to 45 minutes on a stairmaster, and believe me... that bagel ain't worth 45 minutes!

    I think that you're going to find that blogging is an excellent way to dig at some of the issues that you struggle with, help you keep a focus on the task at hand and put you in touch with a big community of like-minded individuals that know what you're going through and can offer answers, enthusiasm and support.

    Sorry this comment is so long but it's not often that I get to be the very first commenter so I wanted to make sure I got my money's worth...

    ReplyDelete